We hope you will join us for a class, a luncheon and/or a social activity and that you will find HOPE, ENCOURAGEMENT and CONNECTION with others!
We understand the challenges that single parents face. We are here to help and encourage you! If you have children of any age, you have something to offer other parents and you can be a beacon of hope all the while, yourself gaining friends and connection with others. Yes, you do get through this!
We would like to invite all the single parents to join in our regular Connection Events. All connection events are open to you whether you have your children with you or not. Our goal is to give you a chance to meet other single parents at RPC, connect with them, have fun, and receive encouragement.
You are NOT alone! The single parent journey can often be tiring and challenging, but we are here to love you and support you on this journey! Come join us and connect with others!
Note: While the Single Parents ministry is open to men and women, our desire is to be a group support system for those going through the challenges of single parenting and is not intended to be a place to meet and find a future mate. We hope to provide a safe place for Single Parents to come, share and grow with others who are on the same journey.
Sunday Mornings, 11:00AM, Room 307
Come join us as we share with and support each other as single parents! You can share as you wish, as you feel accepted and encouraged, or just listen to conversations about our experiences and how we have handled/are handling them. We frequently discuss how to love our children through each stage of development the way God has intended, while allowing them to make choices and reap the harvest of their choices – good or bad. We will support each other through these parenting challenges as well as the personal challenges of parenting alone. Discussions and topics vary each week. Sometimes we will be discussing a book, while other times we are just sharing what has been helpful on our journey. We hope you can join us!
Current Topic: “The Search For Significance: Seeing Your True Worth Through God’s Eyes” by: McGee, Robert, Thomas Nelson
. Come join us! We’d love to have you!
Mark your Calendars—Upcoming Events
We get together frequently as a group doing things like: dinner, movies, hockey, plays, musicals, Escape Room, etc. Please email for current events. We also like attending high school dramas, local musicals and plays and sports activities your child may be participating in. Please let us know when those are and we will let the others know. Check back on this page to see new events as they get scheduled. Also, be sure to check the “Single Life” webpage for upcoming events.
Note: All connection activities include the kids unless specifically stated otherwise. Attend with or without your child! Activities will vary for any day of the weekend (Friday pm until Sunday pm) in an effort to reach everyone. We would love to have ideas and suggestions for future events. Your feedback is ENCOURAGED.
Single Parents Night Out – Childcare
RPC offers childcare for birth-5th grade (with registration) to give you a chance to get out and have a nice evening of fun.
- Saturday, December 2, 4:30p-7:00p – Registration will open in September
For more information, please email Dianne Costa.
It is the desire of RockPointe Church to serve Single Parents in the best way possible! To that end, we’ve created a short survey to get your valuable feedback. Please take a few minutes and complete this anonymous survey to help us focus on what’s important to you:
- Hurting from divorce: DivorceCare (DivorceCare group at RPC) or divorcecare.org
- Visit Laura Petherbridge’s website: laurapetherbridge.com
- Dating and the Single Parent – by Ron Deal (Kindle / Paperback)
- Single Mom – thelifeofasinglemom.com
- Single Dad – afatherswalk.org
- Adults grieving the loss of a loved one: Healing Matters II/Grief Support Group, Medical Center of Plano, call Ginny Robinson at (972) 519-1588
- Journey of Hope Grief Support Center is to provide support at no cost for children, teens, young adults and their families as they mourn the death or impending death of their loved one
- Children grieving the loss of a parent/loved one or divorce, call 800-879-4770. This is for ages 4 up through grade 6.
- Children in divorce situations: Click above on the DivorceCare link for a DivorceCare4kids group dc4k.org (click “Find A Group” and enter your zip code for churches in the area currently offering the class) or kidsindivorce.org.
- Teens: Program designed to encourage and empower teens to deal with their feelings, fears and emotions while experiencing the divorce or separations: thebigdinfo.com or call 763-218-0446.