Message from class facilitators
“We have each gone through the struggles of divorce and single parenting and are now a blended family. We hope to be an encouragement that healing can occur when done with God. You are an individual that is on our hearts. We are available to meet with you one on one and pray with you and mentor you through this journey. However, we would like to encourage you to attend a DivorceCare group.”
What is DivorceCare?
DivorceCare is a 13-week support group covering topics such as: anger, loneliness, forgiveness, kid care, depression, finances and more. Healing from divorce is not easy and often painful and long. DivorceCare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. You do not have to attend all 13 weeks; however, you will get the most out of the class if you do. If you have attended previously, you may come anytime, just bring your book.
What Others Are Saying
This class meets on Tuesdays, 6:30-8:30p and we offer two 13 week sessions a year. Our next session starts January 23, 2018.
Please register to attend by completing this FORM.
Please email Yvonne and Rick Hales, for more information. To find a group near you for another day of the week please visit www.divorcecare.org and type in your zip code under “Find A Group”. Unfortunately, childcare is not offered at this time. If you require childcare, we do have suggestions for you, so please do not hesitate to email us and let us know your need.
Enter the MAIN building through the East Wing Door. Please refer to the campus map below.
Dinner will be provided. Donations for dinner each week accepted but not required.
Workbooks are $20 for each adult. Scholarships are available.
RPC follows the LISD schedule in times of inclement weather. If school is canceled for the day, there will not be class. If weather turns during the day, please email/call the facilitators for more information. Please do not risk the roads! We will find a way for you to see the material you miss! We want you all safe!
For help, one on one mentoring/prayer or help locating a group, we have people available who have traveled this road. There is healing and hope. Please reach out. Please email Yvonne and Rick, and they can point you to someone who can minister to you.
Some children struggle deeply with the separation and divorce, while others seem to bounce back quickly. In the long run, all children are affected. DC4K will help minimize and eliminate the short and long term negative effects of divorce on your children’s schoolwork, emotional health and spiritual life. As your children begin to heal from the pain and confusion, their relationships with you, God and others will grow healthy and strong.
While RPC does not currently offer DC4k, you can find a group for your child and type in your zip code in “FIND A GROUP”. For ages 5-12.
- Single Parent: singleparentstown.com
- Hurting from divorce and our class schedule cannot meet your needs: divorcecare.org
- Visit Laura Petherbridge’s website: laurapetherbridge.com
- Dating and the Single Parent – by Ron Deal (Kindle / Paperback)
- The Life of a Single Mom – thelifeofasinglemom.com
- Single Dad – afatherswalk.org
- Children grieving the loss of a parent/loved one or divorce: livingfree.org (go to the online store, Product Search and type in “Growing Seasons”) or call 800-879-4770. This is for ages 4 up through grade 6.
- Children in divorce situations: Click above on the DivorceCare link for DivorceCare4kids group at RPC or dc4k.org (click “Find A Group” and enter your zip code for other churches in the area offering the class currently) or kidsindivorce.org.
- Teens: Program designed to encourage and empower teens to deal with their feelings, fears and emotions while experiencing the divorce or separations: thebigdinfo.com or call 763-218-0446
- Adults grieving the loss of a loved one: Healing Matters II/Grief Support Group, Medical Center of Plano, call Ginny Robinson at (972) 519-1588
- Journey of Hope Grief Support Center is to provide support at no cost for children, teens, young adults and their families as they mourn the death or impending death of their loved one
- For help with repairs with your home or auto: FixItGuys