Message from class facilitators:
“We have each gone through the struggles of divorce and single parenting and are now a blended family. We hope to be an encouragement that healing can occur when done with God. You are an individual that is on our hearts. We are available to meet with you one on one and pray with you and mentor you through this journey. However, we would like to encourage you to attend a DivorceCare group.”
What is DivorceCare?
DivorceCare is a 13-week support group covering topics such as: anger, loneliness, forgiveness, kid care, depression, finances and more. Healing from divorce is not easy and often painful and long. DivorceCare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. You do not have to attend all 13 weeks; however, you will get the most out of the class if you do. If you have attended previously, you may come anytime, just bring your book. The fall session will be 14 weeks long with a special meeting being held November 7th, 2017.
What others are saying
“DivorceCare has been a TREMENDOUS help to me in the aftermath of my divorce. It allowed me to connect with others in a similar situation, gave me stability in some uncertain times and nurtured my heart with a steady stream of God’s Word.”
“Very good class. It gave me hope and a new faith. Brought me closer to God and gave me hope for life.”
“This saved my life.”
“Thank you so much for this class. It has really helped me know that I am not alone. I have developed connection to others going through this and they feel like family.”
DC4K – DivorceCare for Kids (ages 5-12)
Some children struggle deeply with the separation and divorce, while others seem to bounce back quickly. In the long run, all children are affected. DC4K will help minimize and eliminate the short and long term negative effects of divorce on your children’s schoolwork, emotional health and spiritual life. As your children begin to heal from the pain and confusion, their relationships with you, God and others will grow healthy and strong.
While RPC does not currently offer DC4k, you can find a group for your child at dc4k.org and type in your zip code in “FIND A GROUP.”
The next DivorceCare session will begin August 29, 2017 and will continue on Tuesdays, 6:30-8:30p through December 5, 2017. (no class on 11/21 for Thanksgiving)
Enter the MAIN building through the East Wing Door. Click HERE for a campus map.
Dinner will be provided. Workbooks are $20 for each adult. Scholarships available. Donations for dinner each week accepted but not required. We will dismiss promptly at 8:30. Please email Steve & Karen Weart, if you would like to attend the next session or for more information. To find a group near you for another day of the week please visit www.divorcecare.org and type in your zip code under “Find A Group”. Unfortunately, at this time, DC4k will not be offered, nor childcare. If you require childcare, we do have suggestions for you, so please do not hesitate to email us and let us know your need.
RPC follows the LISD schedule in times of inclement weather. If school is canceled for the day, there will not be class. If weather turns during the day, please email/call the facilitators for more information. Please do not risk the roads! We will find a way for you to see the material you miss! We want you all safe!
For help, one on one mentoring/prayer or help locating a group, we have people available who have traveled this road. There is healing and hope. Please reach out. Please email Steve & Karen, and they can point you to someone who can minister to you.
- Single Parent: singleparentstown.com
- Hurting from divorce and our class schedule cannot meet your needs: divorcecare.org
- Visit Laura Petherbridge’s website: laurapetherbridge.com
- Dating and the Single Parent – by Ron Deal (Kindle / Paperback)
- The Life of a Single Mom – thelifeofasinglemom.com
- Single Dad – afatherswalk.org
- Children grieving the loss of a parent/loved one or divorce: livingfree.org (go to the online store, Product Search and type in “Growing Seasons”) or call 800-879-4770. This is for ages 4 up through grade 6.
- Children in divorce situations: Click above on the DivorceCare link for DivorceCare4kids group at RPC or dc4k.org (click “Find A Group” and enter your zip code for other churches in the area offering the class currently) or kidsindivorce.org.
- Teens: Program designed to encourage and empower teens to deal with their feelings, fears and emotions while experiencing the divorce or separations: thebigdinfo.com or call 763-218-0446
- Adults grieving the loss of a loved one: Healing Matters II/Grief Support Group, Medical Center of Plano, call Ginny Robinson at (972) 519-1588
- Journey of Hope Grief Support Center is to provide support at no cost for children, teens, young adults and their families as they mourn the death or impending death of their loved one
- For help with repairs with your home or auto: FixItGuys