“Making more and better followers of Christ”
With a mission statement like that, it’s no wonder service is such a big part of our DNA. When we are serving each other, our community, or those abroad, we are inviting the Holy Spirit to change us from the inside out while living out the greatest commandments (Matthew 22:36-40) and ultimately fulfilling the great commission (Matthew 28: 16-20).
We invite you to go beyond with us. It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3…
Serving the local body is a great way to grow spiritually, get connected to the heartbeat of RockPointe, meet new people while meeting the needs of others. Where can you make a contribution at RockPointe Church?
Local ministry surrounds us every single day and at RPC, we partner with many great organizations and ministries locally that are right around the corner or just down the road. Each of these ministries are dedicated to serving the needs of our communities.
RPC is actively involved in recruiting, training, and sending teams to be a witness in areas where we believe God has called us. You do not have to travel to make an impact with our global partners. They need our prayers, letters of encouragement and support – you can do that anywhere!
(mel’-o), v., to care for, about, to consider of value, to show concern
We partner with and care for over thirty ministries and churches around the globe. This provides a tremendous opportunity to truly care for and build deep relationships by praying for, serving with, sharing our resources, and giving our time.
Not sure what MELO is? Listen to Pastor Randy’s message.
How can you join in on the journey?
1. PRAY. Sign up and commit to praying for at least one LOCAL ministry and one GLOBAL ministry. Once you have made your selection, either download one of the cards below or take a prayer card for those ministries from the RPC Missions wall located outside the east doors of the worship center. There is a card available for each ministry and church we support. Place the card on your dinner table and pray for them at each meal or on your desk at work as a reminder throughout the day.
2. SERVE. You can serve locally with ministry partners impacting our very own community – feeding the homeless, receiving refugees, mentoring children, loving addicts, encouraging leaders and so many other ways. Globally, come along and serve on a short-term mission trip.
Need some help with options? Contact us! We would love to help you find your place to serve.
3. SHARE. Share of your resources. Each month we will focus on the specific needs of our ministry partners through a collection opportunity. See the current ministry focus below.
We are collecting ministry and school supplies to send with our mission team going to Belize in June.
This collection will run through the month of April and you can drop your donation off at any time in the collection bin located in the foyer of the main church building.
Download this month’s flyer and leave it in your purse or car to help remind you of the items needed as you do your own shopping!
Although we appreciate the consideration of sharing more of what you have, please limit donations to only the items listed.
There are many ways throughout the year you can GO BEYOND with our Ministry Partner in Belize. Kidz Konnect 4 Jesus supports the local area with quarterly medical mission trips as well as the annual Family Mission trip in June.
If you have any questions, please contact us!
Select either image to download the local/global missions guide
Serving the local body is a great way to grow spiritually, get connected to the heartbeat of RockPointe, meet new people while meeting the needs of others. Where can you make a contribution at RockPointe Church? Can’t decide? We understand. Send us an email and we will help you find the right fit for you!
- Special Event preparation and decoration
- Volunteers for Re|Engage.
- Married couples (including remarried couples) in solid, stable relationships (not perfect!) to be pre-marriage mentors. You won’t believe how fun it is to help get a couple started on a firm foundation for their most important earthly relationship! We will train and prepare you for the online relationship assessment and curriculum used. The curriculum is video-driven and extremely user-friendly. You only need to push “play” and be transparent with your personal experiences. Scheduling commitment is up to you and your availability and each mentored couple needs 4-8 sessions – these do not have to be weekly.
- Someone to take over the social media aspect of Married Life. Keeping our Facebook and Twitter (and any others that you’re energetic enough to use) up to date, relevant and helpful is important to us and we’d like to have someone dedicated to it.
- Graphic design help. We have our basic collateral, logos, etc., but with new events, we need creative and fresh artwork.
- Techies. We are working on some audio/video projects and need technology assistance.
- Writers/producers to help with story-boarding and video production. These will be used in our Married Life video library. Contact Brian and Edie for more information.
Contact Marnie for more information!
- Praise and Worship Team
- Youth Praise and Worship Team
- Rock Jr. Praise and Worship Team
- Seasonal Chorus
- Sound (Sunday, Saturday Night, Special Events – Weekdays and Weeknights)
- Lighting (Sunday, Saturday Night, Special Events – Weekdays and Weeknights)
- Multimedia (Sunday, Saturday Night, Special Events – Weekdays and Weeknights)
- Videography and/or Photography
“Here am I. Send me.” – Isaiah
RockPointe Church partners with dedicated community leaders and local organizations with a committed purpose to share the hope of Christ across our neighborhoods in tangible ways. We believe in being an integral part of the transformational change and sustainable development in the communities we serve.
We engage in ongoing efforts to impact our communities throughout the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex by deploying men, women and children from every walk of life. Local ministry surrounds us every single day. Join us on mission to see lives changed for the glory of God. There are so many great organizations we partner with on an on-going basis. How can you get involved? Select one of the ministries below for more details, specific ministry updates and how you can get involved!
More Great Opportunities to Get Involved Locally!
• Christ’s Haven for Children | Providing a warm, loving, Christian environment in which children in need of basic care can grow physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Throughout the year, RockPointe conducts supply drives to help assist in providing needed resources.
• Nursing Home Ministry | Several opportunities exist to sever alongside active volunteers within RPC in serving the nursing home community.
The second Sunday morning of each month, faithful RockPointe members lead worship at the Rambling Oaks Courtyard and at Avalon Alzheimer’s Care Facility. Contact Mike & Amanda and join them on their mission of service to the elderly.
• The Salvation Army | Located south of Main Street, The Salvation Army’s Service Center provides social services to the community. Residents of Southern Denton County can find compassionate assistance to help meet some of their basic needs.
RockPointe Church is so grateful for the ministry of The Salvation Army to the community through programs and services such as:
- Food Pantry
- Clothing Assistance
- Hygiene Packs
- Snack Bags
- Court Appointed Community Service Hours
- Community Kitchen
- Transportation assistance for medical appointments, job interviews, and shelter
- Employment Services
- Shower Facility (Homeless)
Looking for a great way to serve with your family, neighbors, or small group to serve? Contact us! We would love to help.
RockPointe Church is committed to reaching people for Christ in our city, in our nation, in our world. We support missionaries and mission organizations throughout the globe – Africa, Asia, Europe, North and South America.
RPC is actively involved in recruiting, training, and sending teams to be a witness in areas where we believe God has called us. Join us on mission a be a part of God moving in our nations!
Whether in the city, across the nation or around the globe, we want to help you and your family experience God’s call to missions. For more information on how you can go, send, or support, contact Missions.
Global Ministry Partners
In addition to our ministry partners, RockPointe Church sends a significant portion of our designated budget to the Southern Baptists of Texas Baptist Convention – which in turn supports the International Mission Board, the largest mission sending agency in the world with over 5000 missionaries.
Join us and be a part of loving and serving others, and building relationships with a Kingdom heart and focus.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Acts 1:8
Our City. Our Nation. Our World. We offer a chance for ordinary people of all ages to go and do extraordinary things so that all might see, hear and experience God’s love in tangible ways.
Where are we headed?
Ecuador (Men’s Mission Trip)
Lynch, KY (Family Mission Trip)
Part of the core DNA for RockPointe Church is a passion to start other like-minded evangelical churches who desire within themselves to multiply their effort in church planting. In other words, we want to start church-planting churches. RockPointe has been a part of several church plants within the United States.
The following churches are pastored by former members of our church:
- Church at Sun Valley (Phoenix, AZ): Pastor Daniel Scott
- City Church (Plano, TX): Pastor Ray Harmon
- CrossPointe Church (Denton, TX): Pastor Brian Blenden
- The Well (Argyle, TX): Pastor Matthew Harding
Additional churches we are supporting or have previously supported:
- Cornerstone Church | Miami, FL
- Cross Church | Denton, TX
- Elevation Church | Highland Village, TX
- Grace Heritage Church | Argyle, TX
- Indian Telugu Church | Irving, TX
- Koine Church | Dallas, TX
- Lake Dallas Hispanic Mission | Lake Dallas, TX
- North Pointe Church | Denton, TX
- Simple Church | McKinney, TX
- Soledad Community Church | Soledad, CA
If you are interested in helping start a church or being a supporting partner, let us know.