Cornerstone Baptist Church is built on a foundation of serving the inner-city community of South Dallas. Located in the “war zone”, Cornerstone continues to expand and add ministries that serve those in the community with a “felt need” in order to share the “real need” – a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Simply put, Cornerstone Baptist Church exists to share God’s love.
How Can You Serve with Cornerstone Baptist Church?
- Beloved Ministry | Weekly Bible study outreach to women in the community.
- Clothes Closet & Showers | Offering clean clothing and showers to those in need.
- Construction Projects |Helping to renovate and restore properties in the community.
- Cornerstone After School Program | Helping kids K-6th grade in the South Dallas community with homework, projects, and mentoring.
- Cornerstone Kids | Saturday Bible Club for kids grades K-6th kids of the Cornerstone Community.
- Cornerstone Kitchen | Preparing and serving meals to the homeless throughout the week.
- Medical Missions | Providing help to the community through medical, dental and eyeglass clinics.
- Philemon’s House | Providing ministry, care and support to the incarcerated and formerly incarcerated.
- Viola’s House | Emergency placement shelter for at-risk teen mothers ages faced with an unplanned pregnancy.
RockPointe Church truly delights in the partnership with Cornerstone Baptist Church. There are so many opportunities for us to SERVE and SHARE the love of Christ as we GO BEYOND.
COME SERVE WITH US!
Cornerstone Kids is a Saturday outreach program in South Dallas. It provides the opportunity for children to learn about Christ, receive love, have fun, eat a meal and just be kids.
The team who supports this program every Saturday will be very short handed on October 20th and has reached out to RockPointe for help. We will be preparing and serving lunch for the children.
JOIN THE FUN!
Come participate & love on these kids! Time commitment is from 10:00 am until about 1:00 pm. Sign up here to volunteer: HERE
WHEN: October 20 • 10a-1p
WHERE: 2815 South Ervay, Dallas, TX 75215
Contact Brandi with any questions!
Clothes Closet & Showers
Every month, RockPointe members act as personal shoppers and minister to the homeless in need of clean clothes, blankets, coats, and a shower. You may serve one month or on a regular rotation. Sign up today to volunteer!
NEXT OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE: November 15 | 9:00a -1:00p
WHERE: 2711 S. Ervay Street | Dallas, TX, 75315 (Meet at RPC parking lot, then carpool down to Cornerstone.)
We are in need of men’s pants/jeans, men’s belts and backpacks.
Ongoing donation needs:
• Men’s Jeans
• Coats & Blankets
• Men’s belts
• L-XXL Women’s Underwear
• Men’s Socks
• Economy sized dry and canned goods for the kitchen
• Afterschool snacks for tutoring program
Sign up to join us and go beyond by serving the homeless in South Dallas! We would love to serve alongside you!
Please contact Brandi for drop off instructions or more information.
Cornerstone After School Program
The Cornerstone After School Program exists to improve the quality of education of children in the neighborhood. Volunteers are very important to the success of the program. They are essential in building quality relationships with the children who attend.
- Assist children in grades K-6th with homework assignments an class projects
- Help prepare and/or serve snacks and meals
- Supervise recreation activities
Contact Cornerstone Dallas to find our more information.
Cornerstone Baptist Church is committed to investing in the kids of Cornerstone as well as their community by providing them a safe place to play, learn, and be cared for with the love of Christ; 97% of the kids in this community are coming from single parent homes and about 50% are being raised by a grandparent.
C-Kids is a Bible Club that meets every Saturday to serve the kids of the Cornerstone Community from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. This ministry provides a safe place where the kids in the community can experience the joy and love of Christ.
Each week the kids will have an opportunity to enjoy time with friends, receive encouragement in the Word, engage in fun and creative activities and projects, as well as a yummy lunch.
Sign up to take part of this wonderful opportunity!