Cornerstone Baptist Church is built on a foundation of serving the inner-city community of South Dallas. Located in the “war zone”, Cornerstone continues to expand and add ministries that serve those in the community with a “felt need” in order to share the “real need” – a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
These ministries include:
- Beloved Ministry | Outreach ministry for women in the community that meets every Thursday that transform lives through weekly Bible Study, discipleship training, fellowship and consistent encouragement.
- Clothes Closet | With an offering of clean clothing every 30 days, the Clothes Closet is open every Thursday and Saturday and staffed by volunteers.
- Cornerstone After School Program | Program runs Monday – Thursday 3:30p-6:00p.
- Cornerstone Kids | Bible Club that meets every Saturday to serve the kids of the Cornerstone Community.
- Martha’s House | Martha’s House is a transformational house for women re-entering society from prison or jail.
- Shower Facility | Open every Thursday and Saturday and staffed by volunteers. Neighbors are given toiletries and able to take showers any time the facility is open.
- The Kitchen | Food is used as a tool to strengthen bodies, minds and build healthier more sustainable communities. With the help of faithful volunteers, Cornerstone continues to provide seven meals each week to the homeless.
- Viola’s House | Emergency placement shelter for teen mothers ages 17-21 faced with an unplanned pregnancy, who may also be at-risk for homelessness.
RockPointe Church truly delights in the partnership with Cornerstone Baptist Church. There are so many opportunities to plug in and serve.
How Can You Serve with Cornerstone Baptist Church?
Every 3rd Thursday, RockPointe members act as personal shoppers and minister to the homeless in need of clean clothes, blankets, coats, and a shower. You may serve one month or on a regular rotation. Sign up and join our dedicated volunteers.
Ongoing donation needs:
- Used men’s and women’s clothing, coats, and blankets for the clothes closet
- Economy sized dry and canned goods for the kitchen
- Afterschool snacks for tutoring program
Please contact Melissa for drop off instructions.
Cornerstone After School Program
The Cornerstone After School Program exists to improve the quality of education of children in the neighborhood. Volunteers are very important to the success of the program. They are essential in building quality relationships with the children who attend.
- Assist children in grades K-6th with homework assignments an class projects
- Help prepare and/or serve snacks and meals
- Supervise recreation activities
Contact Cornerstone Dallas to find our more information.
Cornerstone Baptist Church is committed to investing in the kids of Cornerstone as well as their community by providing them a safe place to play, learn, and be cared for with the love of Christ; 97% of the kids in this community are coming from single parent homes and about 50% are being raised by a grandparent.
C-Kids is a Bible Club that meets every Saturday to serve the kids of the Cornerstone Community from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. This ministry provides a safe place where the kids in the community can experience the joy and love of Christ.
Each week the kids will have an opportunity to enjoy time with friends, receive encouragement in the Word, engage in fun and creative activities and projects, as well as a yummy lunch.
Sign up to take part of this wonderful opportunity!