You only know your kid once in the phase they’re in now. You have approximately 936 weeks from the time your child is born until he or she moves on to what’s next. It’s as if they shift or move on just as you’re starting to figure them out. It all makes the responsibility to shape a child’s faith and character feel overwhelming. With the phase project, you can discover what’s changing about your kid, the six things your kid needs most, and four conversations to have with your kid while they are in each phase.
RockPointe’s Phase™ Resource Program provides parents with a Phase™ Summary or Phase™ Book for each of their children’s birthdays (for ages 1-4) or grade level promotions (for grades K-12). Parents will receive a letter during the month of their child’s birthday (for ages 1-4) or during the summer months (for grades K-12) inviting them to stop by the Phase™ Resource Kiosk to receive their free gift from the RPC Family Ministry. The letter will serve as a voucher for the free gift. For more information, please click on the button below.
Art of Parenting
Sunday | 1/12/20 – 3/1/20 | 9:30am | Founder’s Room 121
Family Life’s Art of Parenting is an 8-week class that will help parents integrate faith into everyday parenting moments. Parents will end the eight sessions with renewed confidence, fresh insights on parenting children of different ages, and a parenting plan unique to each child’s personality and gifting. Topics covered are: the goal of parenting, forming character, applying discipline, building relationships, understanding identity, nurturing identity, preparing for mission, and the power of family.
RockPointe recognizes parents as those primarily responsible for the discipleship of their children. Our desire is to intentionally come alongside parents so that they are acknowledged, trained, and held accountable as such. Below you will find several useful resources.
Apps for the Family (Devotions, Questions, etc.)
• Parent Cue App: Helping every parent do something each week to help move their child toward a deeper faith and a better future.
• YouVersion: NIV Once-A-Day At the Table Family Devotional
• YouVersion: Bible for Kids (iOS / Android)
• Raising a Modern-Day Knight, Robert Lewis (Kindle / Paperback)
• Raising a Modern-Day Princess, Pam Farrel (Kindle / Paperback)
• Raising Wise Children, Mark Matlock (Kindle / Paperback)
• Six Ways to Keep the ‘Little’ in Your Girl, Dannah Gresh (Kindle / Paperback)
• Parenting with Kingdom Purpose, Hemphill and Ross (Kindle / Paperback)
• Every Young Man’s Battle, Stephen Arterburn (Kindle / Paperback)
• Every Young Woman’s Battle, Shannon Ethridge (Kindle / Paperback)
• 5 Conversations You Must Have with Your Son (Paperback)
• 5 Conversations You Must Have with Your Daughter (Paperback)
• Don’t Miss It: Parenting Like Every Week Counts (Audiobook)
• Moving Toward Maturity is a discipleship series developed to bring students into a mature relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Multiply Mentoring is an RPC Kids mentoring program where Disciple Makers walk alongside 4th/5th graders to aid in their spiritual journey.
• Word of Life Quiet Times offers daily devotionals for all ages.
• Long Story Short: Ten-Minute Devotions to Draw Your Family to God, Marty Machowski (Kindle / Paperback)
• The Jesus Storybook Bible
• Parent Fuel practically encourages parents and guides parents to invest in their most important relationships – with Christ and their kids. (Audiobook / Paperback / Companion Journal)
• Focus on the Family provides tremendous resources in all aspects of parenting, marriage, social issues and faith.
• Plugged In is an entertainment guide full of the reviews you need to make wise personal and family-friendly decisions about movies, videos, music, TV, games and books.
• DIY Connect Cards
• Legacy Marble Bag Orange Phases resource
• Clean Router allows parents to easily manage all devices in your home and stop internet pornography.
• Covenant Eyes provides internet accountability and filtering.
• Cisco Umbrella provides the first line of defense against threats on the internet delivered from the cloud protecting all of your users in minutes.
• Connected 3D replaces negative technology habits with healthy ones.