The goal of RockPointe Family Ministry is to provide families opportunities of worship, mission, ministry, training, and connection, while aligning with RockPointe’s goals of receiving, equipping, impacting, and sending families into the world to make more and better followers of Christ. Please explore our parenting resources and family events below!
Family camp is an annual vacation event at Shepherd of the Ozarks (SOTO). Amazing scenery, luxurious lodges, and great food served buffet style. That means no cooking for mom (or dad)! Days are free to enjoy as a family with the evening reserved for a time of praise and worship, a message from God’s Word and fun games for the elementary age children. This is a true opportunity for physical and spiritual refreshment as a family with activities for all ages:
- Horseback riding
- High ropes
- Sand volleyball
- Frisbee golf
Check-In Sunday July 1, 2018 at 3:00 PM CDT
Check-Out Friday July 6, 2018 at 10:00 AM CDT
Shepherd of the Ozarks
1343 Shepherd Lane
County Road 139
Harriet, AR 72639
Registration Closes May 4!
Each family will stay in a private room and bath for 5 nights and 6 days. The per person rate includes lodging, fourteen meals and access to 460 acres at SOTO camp.
Some activities available require sign up with an additional cost. These activities are available to schedule at time of registration.
- Adult (12 years and older): $425
- Child (5-11 years): $255
- Infant/Toddler (0-4 years): $30
Here are a few additional packing tips from experienced Family Campers!
- Clothes detergent (there are washers and dryers in the lodges)
- Hand soap
- Paper towels
- Coffee/cream for your lodge
- Dirty clothes bag
- Plastic bin to hold water gear, wet toys, shoes
RockPointe Church provides several opportunities for families to step out of their normal rhythm of life and step into intentional family engagement through local, national and global mission trips. Family mission trips cultivate a heart of service and allow natural moments to occur for faith conversations to be had among the body.
Who is eligible to attend a family mission trip?
Whether you are single, married with children, married with no children, or an empty-nester, family mission trips are a great opportunity for you! Family Mission trips communicate that the work involved and the activities planned for the trip take into consideration the variety of ages and stages that are likely to attend.
Resources for Parents
RockPointe recognizes parents as those primarily responsible for the discipleship of their children. Our desire is to intentionally come alongside parents so that they are acknowledged, trained, and held accountable as such. Below you will find several useful resources.
Apps for the Family (Devotions, Questions, etc.)
- D6 is a movement intentional about empowering parents, homes, marriages, leaders, and churches to live out the story of Deuteronomy 6. The family is God’s original small group. D6 provides resources to align the church and home to accomplish God’s design of generational discipleship.
- YouVersion: NIV Once-A-Day At the Table Family Devotional
- YouVersion: Bible for Kids (iOS / Android)
- Raising a Modern-Day Knight, Robert Lewis (Kindle / Paperback)
- Raising a Modern-Day Princess, Pam Farrel (Kindle / Paperback)
- Raising Wise Children, Mark Matlock (Kindle / Paperback)
- Six Ways to Keep the ‘Little’ in Your Girl, Dannah Gresh (Kindle / Paperback)
- Parenting with Kingdom Purpose, Hemphill and Ross (Kindle / Paperback)
- Every Young Man’s Battle, Stephen Arterburn (Kindle / Paperback)
- Every Young Woman’s Battle, Shannon Ethridge (Kindle / Paperback)
- 5 Conversations You Must Have with Your Son (Paperback)
- 5 Conversations You Must Have with Your Daughter (Paperback)
- Moving Toward Maturity is a discipleship series developed to bring students into a mature relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Word of Life Quiet Times offers daily devotionals for all ages.
- Long Story Short: Ten-Minute Devotions to Draw Your Family to God, Marty Machowski (Kindle / Paperback)
- The Jesus Storybook Bible
News with a Biblical Worldview
- Parent Fuel practically encourages parents and guides parents to invest in their most important relationships – with Christ and their kids. (Audiobook / Paperback / Companion Journal)
- Focus on the Family provides tremendous resources in all aspects of parenting, marriage, social issues and faith.
- Plugged In is an entertainment guide full of the reviews you need to make wise personal and family-friendly decisions about movies, videos, music, TV, games and books.
- DIY Connect Cards
- Clean Router allows parents to easily manage all devices in your home and stop internet pornography.
- Covenant Eyes provides internet accountability and filtering.
- Cisco Umbrella provides the first line of defense against threats on the internet delivered from the cloud protecting all of your users in minutes.
- Connected 3D replaces negative technology habits with healthy ones.