You only know your kid once in the phase they’re in now. You have approximately 936 weeks from the time your child is born until he or she moves on to what’s next. It’s as if they shift or move on just as you’re starting to figure them out. It all makes the responsibility to shape a child’s faith and character feel overwhelming. With the phase project, you can discover what’s changing about your kid, the six things your kid needs most, and four conversations to have with your kid while they are in each phase.
Save the date for winter and spring parenting classes. Registration opens on December 2.
The Art of Parenting
Sunday | 11:15am | NorthPointe Training Room | 1/20/19 – 3/10/19
Family Life’s Art of Parenting is an 8-week class that will help parents integrate faith into everyday parenting moments. Parents will end the eight sessions with renewed confidence, fresh insights on parenting children of different ages, and a parenting plan unique to each child’s personality and gifting. Topics covered are: the goal of parenting, forming character, applying discipline, building relationships, understanding identity, nurturing identity, preparing for mission, and the power of family.
Parenting Through the Phases
Sunday | 11:15am | Room 309 | 1/27/19 – 3/10/19
This 6-week small group study will help you discover what’s changing about your kid over the next 52 weeks. We’ll talk about the 6 things your kid needs most and the 4 conversations you’ll want to have with your kid starting today.
Preschool Parenting Seminar
Thursday | 9:15am | Room 308 | 1/31/19
Devin Lonergan Holt, author of the preschool devotional Play on Word, encourages preschool parents to “Teach our children about Jesus SOONER” at this special preschool parenting class. Devin will talk about the developmental psychology barriers of attention, linguistics, and ego-centric thought and how we turn those barriers into benefits and tools to teach the Message to children more effectively and at a younger age.
Parent Survival Seminar
Sunday | 9:30am | Room 309 | 3/24/19
Parent Survival Seminar: What Your Teen Doesn’t Want You to Know. In this class you will learn about the current teen culture: statistics, trending drugs, latest apps, technology, the effect it has on their growing brain and how to help them cope with peer pressure and social media. Parents will also learn how to implement boundaries, form expectations, and be a parent that empowers vs. enables.
RockPointe recognizes parents as those primarily responsible for the discipleship of their children. Our desire is to intentionally come alongside parents so that they are acknowledged, trained, and held accountable as such. Below you will find several useful resources.
Apps for the Family (Devotions, Questions, etc.)
• Parent Cue App: Helping every parent do something each week to help move their child toward a deeper faith and a better future.
• YouVersion: NIV Once-A-Day At the Table Family Devotional
• YouVersion: Bible for Kids (iOS / Android)
• Raising a Modern-Day Knight, Robert Lewis (Kindle / Paperback)
• Raising a Modern-Day Princess, Pam Farrel (Kindle / Paperback)
• Raising Wise Children, Mark Matlock (Kindle / Paperback)
• Six Ways to Keep the ‘Little’ in Your Girl, Dannah Gresh (Kindle / Paperback)
• Parenting with Kingdom Purpose, Hemphill and Ross (Kindle / Paperback)
• Every Young Man’s Battle, Stephen Arterburn (Kindle / Paperback)
• Every Young Woman’s Battle, Shannon Ethridge (Kindle / Paperback)
• 5 Conversations You Must Have with Your Son (Paperback)
• 5 Conversations You Must Have with Your Daughter (Paperback)
• Don’t Miss It: Parenting Like Every Week Counts (Audiobook)
• Moving Toward Maturity is a discipleship series developed to bring students into a mature relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Multiply Mentoring is an RPC Kids mentoring program where Disciple Makers walk alongside 4th/5th graders to aid in their spiritual journey.
• Word of Life Quiet Times offers daily devotionals for all ages.
• Long Story Short: Ten-Minute Devotions to Draw Your Family to God, Marty Machowski (Kindle / Paperback)
• The Jesus Storybook Bible
• Parent Fuel practically encourages parents and guides parents to invest in their most important relationships – with Christ and their kids. (Audiobook / Paperback / Companion Journal)
• Focus on the Family provides tremendous resources in all aspects of parenting, marriage, social issues and faith.
• Plugged In is an entertainment guide full of the reviews you need to make wise personal and family-friendly decisions about movies, videos, music, TV, games and books.
• DIY Connect Cards
• Legacy Marble Bag Orange Phases resource
• Clean Router allows parents to easily manage all devices in your home and stop internet pornography.
• Covenant Eyes provides internet accountability and filtering.
• Cisco Umbrella provides the first line of defense against threats on the internet delivered from the cloud protecting all of your users in minutes.
• Connected 3D replaces negative technology habits with healthy ones.