Having a satisfying and thriving marriage requires that a couple intentionally look for time and ways to build and deepen their friendship.
- Commit with your spouse* to take advantage of your free time (you may have to be creative) by planning activities you can do together. Sit down with your calendars and agree on a few fun things to do. Be Intentional!
- Fun activities don’t have to be expensive or time consuming. Mix it up and have some quick, free/inexpensive activities as well as plan ahead for some “getaway” time that may require more time and resources.
Below are a few quick ideas for you to consider.
- Feed the Hunger – RPC food packing event. rpc.fm/fth
- CCA – Christian Community Action – local organization: ccahelps.org/volunteers
- Habitat for Humanity – local organization: hfhdentoncounty.org/volunteering
- Find other options through RockPointe ministries here.
- Play tennis – Contact Frank Ford, Director of Tennis in Flower Mound at email@example.com . And/or Hilton DFW Lakes
- Conference Center – check out tournaments and other opportunities at hiltondfwtennis.com
- Play golf – Contact local courses and sign up for email specials. Check out golf now.com for discounted fees and earn rewards for free golf.
- Shooting sports – sporting clays or target practice at Elm Fork Shooting Range in Irving – elm fork.com, rifle, pistol, archery target practice at Quail Creek Shooting Range at I-35W and 1171 – quailcreekrange.com
- Train together and compete in a sprint Triathlon or 5K run – check out upcoming local events at runningintheusa.com/race, join “Team RockPointe Athletic Group” on facebook and train and compete with the RockPointe Team
- Salsa dance lessons – Arthur Murray Dance Studio Dallas or Plano. Go to dancedfw.com for more information.
- Co-Ed Class at RPC – Click here to find co-ed classes and to register.
- Art Lessons – Painting with a Twist in Flower Mound – paintingwithatwist.com, 972-691-8386
- Cooking lessons – Central Market cooking school (Southlake and Ft. Worth) – central market.com
- Gardening Clinics – Calloway’s Weekly Clinics – calloways.com/clinics
- Scrabble, Spades, or other card/board games A fun Couple’s game – “An Enchanting Evening” is available at christianbook.com/an-enchanting-evening-game
- Become coffee snobs and have coffee “tastings” or join “coffee of the month” club – Suggestion: “Land of a Thousand Hills” at drinkcoffeedogood.com
- Play Wii bowling, golf or other video games together.
- Main Event – Lewisville or Grapevine – Lots of specials including “Monday Night Madness” $9.95 for unlimited bowling, laser tag and billiards. Check out maineventusa.com for all specials.
- Top Golf – in The Colony and Allen, loads of fun, games, and food! Take a look: top golf.com