Message from class facilitators
“We have each gone through the struggles of divorce and single parenting and are now a blended family. We hope to be an encouragement that healing can occur when done with God. You are an individual that is on our hearts. We are available to meet with you one on one and pray with you and mentor you through this journey. However, we would like to encourage you to attend a DivorceCare group.”
What is DivorceCare?
DivorceCare is a 13-week support group covering topics such as: anger, loneliness, forgiveness, kid care, depression, finances and more. Healing from divorce is not easy and often painful and long. DivorceCare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences.
The Spring 2020 class will run 1/21/20 – 4/21/20 (13 session curriculum with no meeting on 3/17 for Spring Break). We encourage you to attend all 13 classes.
If you are in need of repeating this class, please email the leaders at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The class meets on Tuesdays from 6:30 – 8:30 in room 309 of our East Wing. We charge a registration fee of $20 (meals and materials are included). Scholarships are available by contacting: email@example.com
Please register to attend by completing this FORM.
We now offer childcare for birth – 5th grade with registration.
To register for childcare, please complete this form
What Others Are Saying
To find a group near you for another day of the week please visit www.divorcecare.org and type in your zip code under “Find A Group”.
For help, one on one mentoring/prayer or help locating a group, we have people available who have traveled this road. There is healing and hope. Please reach out. Please email Rick & Yvonne, and they can point you to someone who can minister to you.
Some children struggle deeply with the separation and divorce, while others seem to bounce back quickly. In the long run, all children are affected. DC4K will help minimize and eliminate the short and long term negative effects of divorce on your children’s schoolwork, emotional health and spiritual life. As your children begin to heal from the pain and confusion, their relationships with you, God and others will grow healthy and strong. While RPC does not currently offer DC4k, you can find a group for your child and type in your zip code in “FIND A GROUP”. For ages 5-12.
- Hurting from divorce and our class schedule cannot meet your needs: divorcecare.org
- Visit Laura Petherbridge’s website: laurapetherbridge.com
- Dating and the Single Parent – by Ron Deal (Kindle / Paperback)
- The Life of a Single Mom – thelifeofasinglemom.com
- Single Dad – afatherswalk.org
- Children grieving the loss of a parent/loved one or divorce: livingfree.org (go to the online store, Product Search and type in “Growing Seasons”) or call 800-879-4770. This is for ages 4 up through grade 6.
- DivorceCare4kids groups – dc4k.org or kidsindivorce.org.
- Teens: Program designed to encourage and empower teens to deal with their feelings, fears and emotions while experiencing the divorce or separations: thebigdinfo.com or call 763-218-0446
- Adults grieving the loss of a loved one: Healing Matters II/Grief Support Group, Medical Center of Plano, call Ginny Robinson at (972) 519-1588
- Journey of Hope Grief Support Center is to provide support at no cost for children, teens, young adults and their families as they mourn the death or impending death of their loved one.