We desire to equip and empower parents to be the primary faith trainers of their children through resources, classes, and events. You can do it! We’re here to help.
Resources For Parents
RockPointe recognizes parents as those primarily responsible for the discipleship of their children. Our desire is to intentionally come alongside parents so that they are acknowledged, trained, and encouraged as such. Below you will find several useful resources.
PARENTING THROUGH THE PHASES
Wednesdays | Jan. 13 – Feb. 17 | 6-7:30p
Online via Zoom
This 6-week small group study will help you discover what’s changing about your kid over the next 52 weeks. We’ll talk about the 6 things your kid needs most and the 4 conversations you’ll want to have with your kid starting today. Registration is required.
RIGHT NOW MEDIA | VIDEO-LED CLASS
Raising children in a tech-obsessed social media world is tough. What limits do you put on it? Is it safe? Why can’t kids just put their phones down?
Engage is a five-lesson, practical course hosted by Kirk Cameron that will help you navigate parenting in a social media age. Packed with expert interviews, a hands-on study and resource guide, downloadable tools, and biblical principles, it’s the ultimate tool for not just surviving but thriving as a parent in today’s culture and engaging your children on such a crucial topic.
How to access the class on RightNow Media:
- If you have an account with RightNow Media, click HERE and log-in using your email and password.
- If you DO NOT have an account with RightNow Media, visit http://rpc.fm/rightnow, select the orange square which will lead you to set-up your own RightNow Media profile. Set-up your account and then click HERE to access the Engage class.
Holiday Resources for the Family
As we enter the holiday season, we wanted to resource you with some amazing ways to connect with your family in intentional ways over Thanksgiving and Christmas. Each Sunday in the coming weeks, the RPC Family Ministry will offer a different holiday family resource for you to take home. You can find these resources in the main building foyer at our Family Resource Kiosk or right here on our website!
Here is what you’ll find each week:
- November 22 – Thanksgiving @ Home: A Family Guide to Gratitude
- November 29 – Movie Chat Night: “A Christmas Carol”
- December 6 – Family Activity: “Christmas Gifts from the Heart”
- December 13 – Movie Chat Night: “It’s a Wonderful Life”
- December 20 – Family Activity: “Christmas: The Greatest Gift”
We hope you’ll take advantage of these free resources as you plan family time over the next several weeks. We desire to equip and empower you, as parents, to be the primary faith trainers of your children; and our prayer is that these resources help you a little along the way.
At Home Resources
We understand that this time at home can be challenging with long days and bored kiddos. Yet, this is also such a wonderful opportunity to be INTENTIONAL with your family! Let us help you be intentional this summer. Check out the following resources and fun family activities that you can do in your very own home. You can do it and we’re here to help!
RockPointe’s Phase™ Resource Program provides parents with a Phase™ Summary or Phase™ Book for each of their children’s birthdays (for ages 1-4) or grade level promotions (for grades K-12). Parents will receive a letter during the month of their child’s birthday (for ages 1-4) or during the summer months (for grades K-12) inviting them to stop by the Phase™ Resource Kiosk to receive their free gift from the RPC Family Ministry. The letter will serve as a voucher for the free gift. For more information, please click on the blue button below. Additionally, we offer free Phase™ resources at our Family Resource Center in the main building foyer. Stop by the kiosk to receive your free resource anytime! To purchase additional resources, please click on the red button below.
God designed the family as the primary place for faith and character formation. We seek to inspire, equip and assist you to become intentional about building a God-honoring home one step at a time. HomePointe exists to create a culture of intentional families by helping you to understand the purpose and priority of family life.
RockPointe’s Family Resource Center provides you with HomePointe resources geared toward your family’s phase of life, such as raising small children, parenting teens, or engaging grandkids. Feel free to download the HomePointe resources below, or come to the kiosk in the main building to pick them up…they are free and available anytime! We will periodically add additional resources throughout the year, so stop by and check it out!
- Parent Cue App: Helping every parent do something each week to help move their child toward a deeper faith and a better future.
- YouVersion: Bible for Kids (iOS / Android)
- Don’t Miss It: Parenting Like Every Week Counts (Audiobook)
- Long Story Short: Ten-Minute Devotions to Draw Your Family to God, Marty Machowski (Kindle / Paperback)
- The Jesus Storybook Bible
- Parent Fuel practically encourages parents and guides parents to invest in their most important relationships – with Christ and their kids. (Audiobook / Paperback / Companion Journal)
- Focus on the Family provides tremendous resources in all aspects of parenting, marriage, social issues and faith.
- Plugged In is an entertainment guide full of the reviews you need to make wise personal and family-friendly decisions about movies, videos, music, TV, games and books.
- Clean Router allows parents to easily manage all devices in your home and stop internet pornography.
- Covenant Eyes provides internet accountability and filtering.
- Cisco Umbrella provides the first line of defense against threats on the internet delivered from the cloud protecting all of your users in minutes.
- Connected 3D replaces negative technology habits with healthy ones.