We desire to equip and empower parents to be the primary faith trainers of their children through resources, classes, and events. You can do it! We’re here to help.
Resources For Parents
RockPointe recognizes parents as those primarily responsible for the discipleship of their children. Our desire is to intentionally come alongside parents so that they are acknowledged, trained, and encouraged as such. Below you will find several useful resources.
CHRIST-CENTERED PARENTING CLASS
Wednesday | September 1 – October 6 | 6-7:30p
Central Campus Room 309
Are you equipped to talk to your kids about today’s cultural issues? This 6-week class will equip you to biblically address gender issues, suicide, depression & anxiety, pornography, addiction & coping mechanisms, same-sex marriage, singleness, dating, and marriage & divorce. Give your kids a biblical worldview that will produce the next generation of culture shapers. Registration is required.
BABY DEDICATION PARENT CLASS
Sunday | October 17 | 9:15a
Central Campus Room 308
Christian parents are naturally compelled to present their newborn children to God. This milestone connects new parents with the magnificent responsibility and opportunity of leading their children spiritually. When parents present their children to God even as Mary and Joseph did, they’re acknowledging two simple facts. First, this new baby is God’s creation and therefore God’s possession. Second, as stewards of God’s possession, parents have the responsibility to intentionally raise the child in a way that’s pleasing to God. In this class, we will discuss what this might look like, and how we at RPC can partner with you on this journey.
The Baby Dedication ceremony will occur at both campuses the following weekend, October 24, during Sunday morning services.
RIGHT NOW MEDIA | VIDEO-LED CLASS
Raising children in a tech-obsessed social media world is tough. What limits do you put on it? Is it safe? Why can’t kids just put their phones down?
Engage is a five-lesson, practical course hosted by Kirk Cameron that will help you navigate parenting in a social media age. Packed with expert interviews, a hands-on study and resource guide, downloadable tools, and biblical principles, it’s the ultimate tool for not just surviving but thriving as a parent in today’s culture and engaging your children on such a crucial topic.
How to access the class on RightNow Media:
- If you have an account with RightNow Media, click HERE and log-in using your email and password.
- If you DO NOT have an account with RightNow Media, visit http://rpc.fm/rightnow, select the orange square which will lead you to set-up your own RightNow Media profile. Set-up your account and then click HERE to access the Engage class.
At Home Resources
We understand that this time at home can be challenging with long days and bored kiddos. Yet, this is also such a wonderful opportunity to be INTENTIONAL with your family! Let us help you be intentional this summer. Check out the following resources and fun family activities that you can do in your very own home. You can do it and we’re here to help!
RockPointe’s Phase™ Resource Program provides parents with a Phase™ Summary or Phase™ Book for each of their children’s birthdays (for ages 1-4) or grade level promotions (for grades K-12). Parents will receive a letter during the month of their child’s birthday (for ages 1-4) or during the summer months (for grades K-12) inviting them to stop by the Phase™ Resource Kiosk to receive their free gift from the RPC Family Ministry. The letter will serve as a voucher for the free gift. For more information, please click on the blue button below. Additionally, we offer free Phase™ resources at our Family Resource Center in the main building foyer. Stop by the kiosk to receive your free resource anytime! To purchase additional resources, please click on the red button below.
God designed the family as the primary place for faith and character formation. We seek to inspire, equip and assist you to become intentional about building a God-honoring home one step at a time. HomePointe exists to create a culture of intentional families by helping you to understand the purpose and priority of family life.
RockPointe’s Family Resource Center provides you with HomePointe resources geared toward your family’s phase of life, such as raising small children, parenting teens, or engaging grandkids. Feel free to download the HomePointe resources below, or come to the kiosk in the main building to pick them up…they are free and available anytime! We will periodically add additional resources throughout the year, so stop by and check it out!
- Parent Cue App: Helping every parent do something each week to help move their child toward a deeper faith and a better future.
- YouVersion: Bible for Kids (iOS / Android)
- Don’t Miss It: Parenting Like Every Week Counts (Audiobook)
- Long Story Short: Ten-Minute Devotions to Draw Your Family to God, Marty Machowski (Kindle / Paperback)
- The Jesus Storybook Bible
- Parent Fuel practically encourages parents and guides parents to invest in their most important relationships – with Christ and their kids. (Audiobook / Paperback / Companion Journal)
- Focus on the Family provides tremendous resources in all aspects of parenting, marriage, social issues and faith.
- Plugged In is an entertainment guide full of the reviews you need to make wise personal and family-friendly decisions about movies, videos, music, TV, games and books.
- Clean Router allows parents to easily manage all devices in your home and stop internet pornography.
- Covenant Eyes provides internet accountability and filtering.
- Cisco Umbrella provides the first line of defense against threats on the internet delivered from the cloud protecting all of your users in minutes.
- Connected 3D replaces negative technology habits with healthy ones.