At RockPointe, we have 2 roles of small group “leadership” that may be pursued – a small group host and small group leader. If a person desires to be connected to biblical community quickly, the host role is the path to pursue. If you have a couple of friends and have a heart for God and people, willing to open your home, serve a snack and turn on material we provide, then you can be a small group host.
The leader role is more expansive and requires a more formal application and interview process. Candidates for both roles should have a consistent relationship with God, a desire to be used by God to serve others, and a humble, teachable heart that receives instruction gladly. We are NOT looking for perfect people; we ARE looking for people who know that spiritual maturity is a journey, and who are willing to help lead a few other people along the way.
If you would like to pursue becoming a small group leader at RockPointe, there are several more steps involved. Here is what the process looks like to become a small group leader:
- Pray about your desire to lead a small group. If you are a member of a small group, discuss it with your current group leader.
- If you have not already, become a member of RockPointe Church.
- Review our Small Group Leadership Commitment, Sharing Small Group Leadership Roles and Small Group Leader Communication Policy.
- Complete the Small Group Leader Application.
- Your application will be reviewed by the Small Group Ministry Director.
- The Small Group Ministry Team will contact you to schedule an interview to get to know you better, review your application, and answer any questions you may have.
- ALL hosts and leaders will have background checks run.
- For Small Groups with children, Child Safety Training is required and provided.
- You will be required to attend 2 small group leader training sessions.
- You will receive our weekly small group leader newsletter with resources and pertinant infomation.
- Leadership equipping and care materials will be provided along with Bible study and curriculum options.
- Leaders will be expected to attend re-Group leader training sessions held 2-3 times per year.
- Work with the Small Group Ministry Team to learn more about your responsibilities as a group leader and contact prospective members for your new small group.
To become a Small Group Host, simply reach out to us and let us know of your desire.
If you would like more information or have any questions, please contact RockPointe Small Groups.