July 8, 2020
As an elder board we personally feel responsible for our congregation’s health and safety. Therefore, given the recent trend in COVID-19 news in Texas and Denton County specifically, we are encouraging the RockPointe family to carefully consider the risks associated with on-site attendance of RockPointe events.
As you are well aware, there is a wide spectrum of thought in how people view this pandemic, which is why we are not shutting down our Sunday services at this time. For those that have weighed the risks and choose to attend in person, we will continue to do our utmost to maintain a safe and clean environment. For others that may have even the slightest sense of discomfort in attending, we would strongly suggest that you consider the online service options.
As a staff and an elder board we were extremely excited about the process of returning to church “normalcy” over the next few months. Specifically, we were thrilled with the idea of instituting our Family Service in July, as we heard from our congregants that this was the most effective thing we could do to address the needs of our families and their children.
If you are symptom-free and willing to take additional precautions, we do have in person services available. We ask that you simply RSVP for services at 8, 9:30, or 11:15a. We’ll continue to encourage masks and social distancing for staff, volunteers and attendees, and we’re undertaking extensive sanitizing steps between each service. Services are still family style, with no student’s or children’s programing provided. For those who prefer our online worship services, they’re available on Facebook Live, YouTube Live, and our website.
Please know that this temporary slowing of the return to church grieves all of us. The Elder Board members all agree, however, that this decision is in the best interest of RockPointe Church as a whole. Please feel free to contact any of our elders to discuss in more detail.
Paul McDonald and the Elder Board
- 7/19 Sun: Multi Venue, “Family Friendly” Services with social distancing <50% Capacity at 8a, 9:30a, 11:15a. Attending children continue to stay with their parents. RSVP required as indoor space is limited. The earliest service is now at 8am to allow time to sanitize in between.
RockPointe’s Re-Opening Plan – More Details
Here are some up-to-date details about our re-opening plan. In person services will utilize an RSVP system: we will be asking every attendee to choose a service time/venue in advance, tell us how many are attending and provide their contact info, as we will need to cap room attendance to achieve social distancing.
May 22, 2020 – 8:15a
RockPointe’s Re-Opening Plan
As our state is re-opening, we’re making plans to do the same. We’re working to balance the directives from the governor and the health and safety of our members with the overwhelming desire to gather together in person again.
- Big news: We will be back on campus on June 7 with an outdoor worship service at 9:30a!
- We are excited to connect with you during our online services for the next two Sundays, May 24 and 31.
- We will be recruiting volunteers to prepare for our new social distancing reality during services.
- Soon we will have more to share about services on campus, including a reservation link to let us know you are coming!