February 12, 2021
Here are the latest updates on our in-person offerings:
- Our masked-required service is now on Wednesday night. Check out our mask-required midweek service at 5:30p on Wednesday evenings in NorthPointe featuring a more traditional style of worship with hymns and simple instruments.
- Sunday morning services are in the main Worship Center at 9:15 & 11a where masks are requested and social distancing is maintained.
- RPC Students has resumed Sunday morning worship for middle school and high school students! The middle school focused service is at 9:15a and the high school focused service at 11a. Evening discipleship opportunities are back to their original Wednesday evening time slot for both middle and high school students.
- RPC Kids has returned to their original locations throughout NorthPointe and WestPointe.
In this COVID season, it may feel like the only constant is change. We’re bringing you changes this week to better meet the needs of our members who are ready to return to our building for worship, fellowship, and discipleship opportunities.
Here are some updates on our in-person offerings:
- Sunday mornings are expanding! Beginning September 27, we will offer a new Mask-Required Worship Venue at 9:15 in the NorthPointe Student Room. This will include live worship and live teaching.
- The service in the main Worship Center, where masks are requested, will be capped at ~275 attendees to maintain social distancing. Any additional attendees may utilize the family room or the Mask-Required Worship Venue in NorthPointe.
- High School Students will continue to meet on Sundays from 6:30-8p. Beginning this Sunday they will move to the main Worship Center in order to be better able to maintain social distancing. It was exciting to see so many of them back on campus last week, and we look forward to this opportunity to accommodate the number of students eager to participate! We will continue to include times of worship, teaching, and small group discussion during our Sunday evening high school programming. Moving into the main building also provides us additional break out space for small group time.
- RPC Kids will move out of the NorthPointe Student Room on September 27, and return to their original locations throughout NorthPointe and WestPointe. Kids birth-kindergarten will still need to RSVP in advance for each Sunday.
We’re excited to see you soon.
We’re excited to be able to update you on some plans to move toward opening more facets of our church. We are continuing to monitor and follow guidance from federal, state, and local authorities. Of course, as we increase our presence on campus we will continue to ask that participants wear masks and practice social distancing, and we will continue with enhanced sanitation efforts and limiting occupancy to levels that allow for social distancing.
As it stands right now, Lewisville ISD intends to return to in-person learning on September 8. That’s a great local indicator that this is the appropriate time to increase our classroom offerings for children and students. With that in mind, here’s the latest news:
In September RSVP will no longer be required for Sunday worship services, which are held at 9:15 and 11a, or for Wednesday night services at 5:30p.
Beginning Sunday, September 13, during our 9:15 and 11a worship services, programming for children birth-kindergarten will be available by RSVP only. This is because of space constraints due to social distancing measures. Children in 1st-5th grade will enjoy large group and small group in the NorthPointe Student area. No RSVP will be required, but you will still check your children in at the kiosks or welcome desk.
Beginning on Sunday September 13, high school students will have large group and small group on Sunday evenings from 6:30 – 8p in the NorthPointe Student area. No RSVP will be needed, but check in will be required.
Beginning on Wednesday September 16, middle school students will have large group and small group on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 – 8p in the NorthPointe Student area. No RSVP will be needed, but check in will be required.
Beginning August 2, in-person services at RPC will be held Sundays at 9:15 and 11a. Beginning August 5 at 5:30p, we will have a midweek service on Wednesday evenings — and it will feature a more traditional style of worship with hymns and simple instruments. We will continue to offer church online as well. Until something changes with COVID-19, we ask that you continue to let us know you’re coming by making a reservation each week.
We’re excited about beginning our child-focused family services on Sunday, August 2, at 11a. This weekly service will be for families and their children. It will be designed to speak to our children in a way that is difficult to do by video only. It will be recorded for those who aren’t ready to come back in person yet. There will be worship, games, a message, a family small group time, puppets, and more!
As an elder board we personally feel responsible for our congregation’s health and safety. Therefore, given the recent trend in COVID-19 news in Texas and Denton County specifically, we are encouraging the RockPointe family to carefully consider the risks associated with on-site attendance of RockPointe events.
As you are well aware, there is a wide spectrum of thought in how people view this pandemic, which is why we are not shutting down our Sunday services at this time. For those that have weighed the risks and choose to attend in person, we will continue to do our utmost to maintain a safe and clean environment. For others that may have even the slightest sense of discomfort in attending, we would strongly suggest that you consider the online service options.
As a staff and an elder board we were extremely excited about the process of returning to church “normalcy” over the next few months. Specifically, we were thrilled with the idea of instituting our Family Service in July, as we heard from our congregants that this was the most effective thing we could do to address the needs of our families and their children.
If you are symptom-free and willing to take additional precautions, we do have in person services available. We ask that you simply RSVP for services at 8, 9:30, or 11:15a. We’ll continue to encourage masks and social distancing for staff, volunteers and attendees, and we’re undertaking extensive sanitizing steps between each service. Services are still family style, with no student’s or children’s programing provided. For those who prefer our online worship services, they’re available on Facebook Live, YouTube Live, and our website.
Please know that this temporary slowing of the return to church grieves all of us. The Elder Board members all agree, however, that this decision is in the best interest of RockPointe Church as a whole. Please feel free to contact any of our elders to discuss in more detail.
Paul McDonald and the Elder Board
RockPointe’s Re-Opening Plan – More Details
Here are some up-to-date details about our re-opening plan. In person services will utilize an RSVP system: we will be asking every attendee to choose a service time/venue in advance, tell us how many are attending and provide their contact info, as we will need to cap room attendance to achieve social distancing.
RockPointe’s Re-Opening Plan
As our state is re-opening, we’re making plans to do the same. We’re working to balance the directives from the governor and the health and safety of our members with the overwhelming desire to gather together in person again.
- Big news: We will be back on campus on June 7 with an outdoor worship service at 9:30a!
- We are excited to connect with you during our online services for the next two Sundays, May 24 and 31.
- We will be recruiting volunteers to prepare for our new social distancing reality during services.
- Soon we will have more to share about services on campus, including a reservation link to let us know you are coming!