We are very excited that RockPointe Church is offering Lifeline to Hope Caregiver Training. The purpose of the training is to equip lay leaders as competent biblical caregivers. Lifeline to Hope is a unique “first of its kind” resource to train people to effectively provide support, encouragement, spiritual care, and referral services on a short-term basis – connecting a life in need with a life in Christ!
Do you have a heart for people who are hurting and broken?
Are you a ministry leader or has God used you to come alongside others who are in deep emotional pain?
If so, then the Lifeline to Hope training program was designed just for you!
Lifeline to Hope is a national and international “gold standard” 11-week lay caregiver training and certification program that utilizes content drawn from the Keys for Living Library at Hope for the Heart, alongside the 40 years of mental health and ministry experience of course designer and lead trainer, Dr. Eric Scalise, and co-facilitator Haley Scully. This training program was developed in partnership with June Hunt’s Hope for the Heart ministry.
Addiction, abuse, violence, grief and loss, depression and suicide, marital and family stress… these are only some of the problems that churches face today. This is an opportunity for you to serve as a critical “first responder” within our RockPointe community.
- 11-week course
- Monday mornings: 9:30a – 12:30p
- January 10 – April 4th graduation <no meeting 3/14/22>
- RockPointe Church – Parker Square Campus
- Class format will be a combination of video-led teaching by Dr. Eric Scalise and Haley Scully and classroom facilitation by a RockPointe staff member.
- Cost: $25 per person (you will receive a 20% off discount code to apply upon registration bringing the cost to $20 ).
- Register through RockPointe via the button below.
- Your registration confirmation will contain links to:
- Register through and pay Hope for the Heart.
- Register for childcare if needed.
Upon completion of the training, those interested in serving as a caregiver on behalf of RockPointe will go through a separate vetting and interview process. This process will be addressed throughout our training.
- Session 1: The Biblical Basis for Caregiving
- Session 2: Biblical Hope and Practical Help – The Keys for Living Model
- Session 3: Effective Listening and People Helping Skills – Part 1
- Session 4: Effective Listening and People Helping Skills – Part 2
- Session 5: The Search for Significance
- Session 6: Your Parents and You
- Session 7: Basic Helping and Crisis Intervention Skills
- Session 8: Strongholds and Spiritual Warfare
- Session 9: The Process of Change and Healing
- Session 10: Ethics, Liability, and the Law: Servant Leadership
- Session 11: When Helping You is Hurting Me: Compassion Fatigue and Making a Commitment to Balanced Self-care
Goals for the Course:
- To equip you as a biblical caregiver so that you can more fully recognize and help meet the needs of hurting people.
- To provide faith-based training materials, teaching, and exercises that are fully Christ-centered in their orientation.
- To create a network of persons who will be trained to assist the church leadership with caregiving needs and in establishing an effective caregiving ministry.
- To provide a community of likeminded people who are available to one another for the purpose of support, encouragement, and accountability.
- To give you the opportunity for personal and spiritual growth, insight, and development in the following areas:
- Your understanding of who you are in Christ.
- Your insight on the influence of family background and life experience.
- Your gifts and talents.
- Your strengths and weaknesses.
- Your personal and ministry relationships.
- Your relationship with the Lord.